I would like to ask citizens to review the Superintendent's Estimate of Needs and provide feedback. It is a summary of the proposed budget for next year. A few highlights:
1. Proposed 2% raise for ALL employees
2. Reduction of class sizes for secondary schools, paid for by increasing the number of classes taught by middle school teachers
3. No increase in healthcare costs
4. An increase in proposed spending of $17.2 million over last year
5. Projected continued decline in student population (next year's student population projection is a decrease of approx 403 students)
Feedback can be sent to the entire Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or given in person on 2/21/17.
The entire proposal can be found here: