SCHOOL REOPENING PLAN:
The School Board approved the administration's reopening plan by a vote of 7-4 (nays-Hughes, Manning, Franklin, Weems). Here are the details:
1. Masks required for all students and staff and anyone who enters the building.
2. Contact tracing will continue. When students are masked, an infected student is NOT considered a close contact if between 3-6 ft.
3. Asymptomatic vaccinated individuals are not required to quarantine but non-vaccinated will be.
4. Plexiglass will not be necessary
5. 3 ft of social distancing will be maintained when possible.
6. All sports, clubs, band, performing arts will be in session. Coaches and athletes must wear face coverings indoors. Athletes may relax masks when engaged in physical activity. Masks not required outdoors for athletes, coaches or spectators. Indoor spectators must be 6ft distanced.
I was told that students whose parents do not want them to be masked will NOT be provided an alternative and will NOT be provided with the Constitutional right to a free high quality public education.
Below is a medical exemption for masks if your doctor deems it necessary.